www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Bike on the Train

Now all I can hope that my bike can be taken on the train (like all other light rail routes I know of). Can't wait :)

2 comments:

BrickTeller said...

I know a number of cities restrict bike usage on light rail during rush hour. Often if the train is full, cyclists must wait for the next one, which doesn't work very well for commuters on a schedule.

Michael Ragsdale said...

I am well aware of systems (Portland MAX being one of them) that do this. Another example would be Pierce Transit: "All Pierce Transit buses are equipped with bike racks. If the rack is full, bikes may be brought aboard PT buses — but not Sound Transit buses. Cyclists are responsible for handling and assuring the security of their bikes, and must hold them throughout the trip. Your transit operator has the authority to ask you to take your bicycle off the bus should the bus become too crowded. Pierce Transit assumes no responsibility for bikes stolen or damaged while parked at a rack or locker."