www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Metro Area Express (Ours, nor Portland's)

So I got a bit of unofficial briefing about the Metro Area Express, HRT's new express system. Some of the ideas are great. For example:
  • Route 924 (replaces Route 24) should have the following stops
    • Charlotte Street (Downtown Norfolk)
    • Balentine Tide/Freeway Station *
    • Town Center / Pembroke
    • The Former Pavilion
    • 19th & Pacific
  • Route 961 (Downtown Norfolk-Hampton-Newport News EXPRESS)
    • I would like to see the actual proposed schedule
* If you've ever been to King County, Washington, then you know what I'm talking about. Using the I-264/Balentine Blvd interchange as an example, a Freeway Station is a bus stop at the end of the ramp furthest from the interstate. This bus stop is usually located next to a park & ride lot. So in this example, the bus would exit I-264 and serve a stop next to the Balentine Tide Station which would also serve the park & ride lot. It makes more sense to see it, but my drawing skills are D-.

No comments: