www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Thursday, January 24, 2008

TDCHR Board Meeting

Don't I feel special. I was recognized today at the Transportation District Commission of Hampton Roads (the governing body of Hampton Roads Transit) board meeting by none other then the HRT President, Michael Townes himself.

As always, my gripe is why, City of Virginia Beach, can't I get around evenings / Sundays? Here's an idea: HRT needs $5 million just to keep service unchanged. Does the city have $10 million by chance? Be nice, it sure would.

For example, since I live by TCC, the last buses would leave daily at 10:45 PM at either end. Meaning that buses would pull into TCC at 11:45 PM then dead-head to the garage.

The MAX is a great start. How about including the #121 as what HRT's calling a "Local Express" (which is the equivalent of how today's Rt. 61 operates).

2 comments:

Avenging Archangel said...

The City doesn't need 10 million. HRT has a draft plan that would increase service by 20% in Virginia Beach. It's details were blurted at me, but it contains some things I thought it would take years - if ever - to get.

Give me that plan and I'll be happy.

Michael Ragsdale said...

It was an example of course. Yes, I really want affordable service increases. What we really need is a PTBA (Public Transit Benefit Area).