www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Friday, January 25, 2008

A ride on the Granby

Today, I had an appointment at 10:30 AM at the Apple store in MacArthur. Wayne Green, Run 101, picked me up and we joked around as usual. Even better, Henry (Run 103 Ret.), visited and we joked around. The good news is going around: I am a possible appointment to the HRT Passenger Snitching Committee (as a Rt. 33 driver put it: You have a title, but you're going to be an Approved Snitch).

I had to tell my driver friends. Calvin Parker (Run 2301) shook his head thinking "I better retire".

So, 101 picks me up as he's being relieved by 136 (Ed Carroll) and I pass the good news along. Now for the fun part: Darlene (Run 2941) was rushing down Rosemont Rd passing Chimney Hill inbound towards TCC. I never knew trollies could go that fast.

George's Corner

As usual, George (2982) asked "Lineup at TCC, give this 29 as much time as possible." He showed up at 2:47 and there were transfers for the 12 and 36. Since George is never specific about what passengers want, the 12 took off at 2:48. I wasn't surprised. There were three passengers left behind because George was being George.

2 comments:

Avenging Archangel said...

A driver should specify which buses he needs. You don't hold all the buses in a lineup; only the ones you actually need.

As for the 29, riders and drivers alike know the schedule is unrealistic. It's not surprising that it was running late.

Michael Ragsdale said...

This is what George says every time: "Lineup at (location), give this (Route Number) as much time as possible." I will be making a note of this for March UCAC. No, I'm not surprised he was late.