www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bus Ride with Mayoral Candidate Scott Taylor

As a reminder:

I will be taking Scott Taylor, one of the candidates for Mayor of Virginia Beach, on a bus ride tomorrow. Want to join? TCC by 9:30 AM. Bus stop is @ Buckner Blvd entrance. $3 for adults (one of your dollars must be in quarters), $2 for children under 18 with proper ID, $1.50 for seniors age 60 and above or people with disabilities. All HRT farecards accepted as this will be a ride on regularly scheduled transit service. As a reminder: HRT will be on a SATURDAY schedule tomorrow.

3 comments:

Busmeister said...

Congratulations for discovering the only mayoral candidate who is interested in public transportation, but I had never heard of Scott Taylor before this. I hope he wears a t-shirt or button while he's riding and talking to passengers so they remember his name.

Michael Ragsdale said...

That's the whole plan Ed. He wants to know what us bus riders want (evening/Sunday service).

Tomorrow: UCAC chairman Henry Ryto is taking him on the Rush Hour Triangle: 36->25->20 right in the thick of rush hour (good luck with making connections)

Michael Ragsdale said...

For regulars who are wondering why fare is double: the reason is that you're going to have to pay again upon arrival at Shore Dr & Pleasure House where your transfer will die.