www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

919 NAVAL STATION MAX


It's Here! The 919 NAVAL STATION MAX did run this morning and did cause confusion if it's free or not ($1.50 Route 19 fare requested). Passengers were already talking about the MAX when 960s came through ("this is what our bus will be in September") and got confused since they knew The MAX was free for the first two weeks. There were two Gillig Phantom (1800 series) Route 19s that came through, then the rest were 919 MAX buses. The decision to dispatch MAX buses was that of 18th Street Dispatch.

I arrived around 4:30 AM not knowing it would only take me 20 minutes to ride up Independence on a bike and helped until the 36 showed up at 6:30 (it was supposed to be there just before 6:18, the Holland & S. Plaza timepoint) so I could get to the dentist.

All 19s and 919s had difficulty with their signs. The only sign towards the base we (myself, a driver, and supervisor) could find was 19 STAFF COLLEGE/LAFAYETTE ANNEX so everyone else stayed with 19 SILVERLEAF STATION or 919 MAX SILVERLEAF

No comments: