www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

MAX Silverleaf

I was able to go on my first ride on The MAX earlier. I took the 960 from Cedar Grove to Silverleaf. Couple of things:
  • Buses should be able to detour via Brambleton to I-264 to get out of town: St. Paul's Blvd is a parking lot
  • Route 36 should exit Silverleaf towards TCC as follows: RIGHT Independence; RIGHT Silverleaf Dr; RIGHT Holland - this cuts the line wanting to STAY on Independence
  • Don't send MAX buses out to cover the 19. I'd rather see a 1200, 1700, 2000, or - heaven forbid - a rust bucket (900) until the 919 is officially launched. I don't want to go into discussion about the nightmare it caused this morning. Ditto for Route 22 (hopefully that didn't happen) since neither are MAX routes until September.
  • Something needs to be done about the strange loop for the 36 Pembroke. It may be a pain to cross, but City of VB: Could we get a left turn lane from Holland Rd to Commuter Dr?
  • Where is the MAX 30-Day E&D card that I was promised (then retracted)!? This caused an uproar at Wards Corner.

No comments: