www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The MAX: Now that we have to pay to ride

It's almost time for the free ride for The MAX to end. Problems:
  • Where's the 30-Day Pass for Seniors & Persons with Disabilities?
  • All buses at 19th & Pacific show up on the hour and half-hour (20, 33, and 960). Why doesn't the 960 wait for them!?
  • The 960 and 961 are both due at Cedar Grove at roughly the same time. WAIT FOR EACH OTHER!
  • Why not eliminate Evelyn Butts & J trips on the 961 (simply post rider alerts to tell passengers 'Head to Wards Corner') - I don't understand why the trips are there
  • Does the 960 need to run that often? I'd run it less often off-peak and use that savings to run the 960 and 961 a bit later (maybe one or two more trips from either end)

2 comments:

Avenging Archangel said...

I agree on your 1, 4, and 5. The problem at 19th & Pacific is that if the 20 was running on time, there wouldn't be an issue.

Michael Ragsdale said...

* 19th & Pac: The 20 doesn't usually have a problem. It's more the 960 is pulling off as the 33 (either direction) is pulling in
* 961: Why not make Monticello & Princess Anne an official stop for the inbound trip so we can walk over to Cedar Grove. I was on a bus where a bunch of riders talked the driver (I think the driver was Northside) into letting us off
* Later trips:
* 960: 9 PM or 9:30 PM (both ends)
* 961: 9 PM both ends
* Run less often: The 960 is NOT that crowded; once an hour off peak maybe?
=========================
HRT: I will be using a GREEN 30-Day card for my travels from now on. This card is worth $1.50 so that's E&D for the MAX. This also means it's accepted on the VB Wave and the Ferry (correct the fareboxes!) like it works on Route 300 (Portsmouth Loop). This is according to your own Fare Structure Validity Table.