www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Me on the Sunday Buses

Yep: I actually rode buses today. Here's what happened:
  • Bike Rack Full (we both boarded at VB Blvd & Witchduck – the other passenger is going to Military Circle)

  • Inbound 20 had a 10-16 at VB Blvd & Newtown; we're down. 1:41 as we turned onto K-Ville

  • Question: why do buses enter Leigh? What's wrong with the bus stops on Kempsville? Buses don't go into DePaul, for example.

  • It's 1:45 as we turn onto the Blvd from Kempsville – should be at Military Circle now. Held up by 10-16 who wanted off at VB Blvd & JANAF, but then didn't want off. There goes lineup :( Passengers were hot headed, and knew who to blame (not the driver)

  • Picked up another 10-16 at Military Circle. What a day.

  • Oh what fun: the 2:18 #11 was shot at by some preschooler with a BB gun. Colonial & 29th. There was no damage and no injuries, but plenty of paperwork.

  • Done with the concert at ODU. Time to head home.
  • I boarded the 960. One bike in front, then I loaded. Two more bikes came up wanting to ride as well. The first biker didn't grasp that they could take the 20 with their MAX Day Pass. This is why when you see your bus, get in line. Perhaps HRT should look into SportWorks Trilogy racks (although that 4th rider would still be SOL)?

  • Passengers were running for the bus as it started taking off, but still inside Cedar Grove. I called forward to the driver but he ignored me. 5 PM #960 – bus #3001 – out of Cedar Grove.

  • As always, why do I need to pay extra to ride The MAX? Why can't I have a 30-Day E&D MAX? It's a pain carrying around the extra change.

No comments: