www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Political School

So I just had a major political lesson yesterday at the City Council Retreat.
  • Apparently, Council Objective #1 is "Be friendly to bloggers" ;)
  • VB Cares about a bus system. Since Council wants light rail so badly, here's the scoop: Before the Feds will even TALK about light rail, year-round bus service has to be increased by 20%. (at last: it sucks having to be home by dinner time; maybe I want to work a closing shift). Slowly but surely, it'll come.
My offer to ALL HRT Staff and VB City Council Members: Let's go for a bus ride. I'd like to take you on a tour of Fareset 4 (what HRT refers to internally as Virginia Beach; it's a Farebox thing). Important parts to head to (in no order):
  • Route 12: The 4:45 PM bus leaving 20th & Seaboard (good luck between I-64 and Kemps River)
  • Route 29: almost any trip (U.S. 58 and First Colonial anyone?)
  • Routes 1/36: Heading outbound trying to get me home to TCC when I take the long way from Cedar Grove (this is when I'm lazy and don't want to transfer buses)
  • Route 20: Pembroke & Hilltop
  • Route 33: U.S. 60 between 17th St and 40th St (during Summer only)
  • Routes 30/31/32: Take note that with my existing 30-Day Pass, I am unable to ride (solution: this is how it's done out west)
  • Route 27: Usually late every trip on Saturday. Biggest problem? Making that left from U.S. 58 onto Newtown

No comments: