www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Friday, April 25, 2008

Bus Pictures

I was at the HRT Board Meeting yesterday and took these pictures of buses (as always, click any picture for a larger version)

Our old rustbucket 900s, but why are they at HTC? Also, note the Flixible Metro in the back of the line. These are HRT Cheesewagons
HRT Cheesewagon BTW: this is one of our old ratty Orion V 900s from my side
A Flixible Metro: very, very old. Makes the Northside's 500 series Gillig Phantoms look brand new
a 500 series Gillig Phantom. An Antique, but brand new when compared to the Flixible Metro pictured above. These Phantoms make our 900 series Orion V's look brand new. BTW: this is one of the Grey Area (legally) HRT Cheesewagons pressed into regular passenger service
Note the duct tape over the ACS Navigator passenger display
Hard to believe: a 2000 series Gillig Lowfloor on Route 33
Overall, what a day. Got to see some ancient machines in action

2 comments:

Avenging Archangel said...

Since you didn't make the return trip through HTC, you missed the fun with Bus 904.

When I got back, a mechanic was working on it. Eventually a tow truck came to haul it off.

Michael Ragsdale said...

One of OUR Rustbuckets needing a 10-14 sent...at HTC!?

Then again, be glad I didn't catch a bus home. Who knows how long we'd be stuck in Hampton.