www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Route 317

This is an idea I've been having for a bit:

When the hybrids come out, renumber Route 17 (The NET) as Route 317 to keep with HRT's new "300 series" routes denoting local circulators (300: Portsmouth Loop; 310: Downtown Norfolk Shuttle) and extend it to the Cedar Grove transfer center as an "in addition" to Route 310. Route and times would be the same, just one extra stop.

As a TCC student who used to attend the Downtown campus, Route 17 is an invaluable asset. When I used to live off Hampton Blvd, I would take Route 2 to Olney & Granby and transfer to Route 17 at its Stop #4 and get off at Stop #7 all the time. This extension should run all day 7 days a week.

Speaking of The NET, Norfolk: why are there no signs at Stop #1 telling passengers that service is only 9 AM to 3 PM weekdays at that stop?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think coming into the transfer area would be a good thing. I see where you're coming from with this "Route 317" thing, sort of like how Route 19 will become Route 919.

Anonymous said...

in addition, you bring up a good point about no service to Cedar after 3 PM; the nearest stop is the Opera House.

Avenging Archangel said...

I walked from the Opera House to PA Road to catch the 23 a number of times.