www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Friday, April 25, 2008

A Message to Headquarters: We want the trolleys replaced now

My poll closed today and in a 12-zip vote, we would like to have the Hybrids released immediately to replace the trolleys on the main routes, which comprise routes 25, 26, 27, 29, and 33*

I invite commissioners and staff to come ride the mainline trolleys for an "unannounced tour" type of ride so that you get an idea of what it's really like. Most importantly would be a ride on Route 29, which is consistently late 6 days a week, even on Saturdays.


* Starting June 27th, 18th Street & Trolley Base will swap the 33 and 85

2 comments:

Avenging Archangel said...

You're missing a piece of the puzzle: the 1400 series Opuses.

When Norfolk's hybrids come online (in about a month), the plan has been to transfer to 1400s from the NET to Virginia Beach's mainline trolley routes.

While the hybrids would be preferable, it's not a zero sum game.

Michael Ragsdale said...

That helps. At least it gets rid of the trolleys and gives bike racks where needed.