www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Friday, April 18, 2008

Transit Politics

Well, it looks like I'm starting to be known in the political arena? In a recent blog entry, I got a nasty gram from someone who...well, I'm not going to go there.

Obviously, I'm a big proponent of expanding mass transit including light rail for the whole region. I currently live where HRT service kills off around 7 PM (6:45 PM to be exact) and does not run on Sunday. I don't need much and I certainly don't need some elevated automated system to get me around (which is much more expensive than standard light rail). I've been on light rail before (Portland, Oregon's MAX and Tacoma, Washington's Tacoma Link) and it's been nothing but amazing. I start on a bus to get me to the station, then the train takes me into town. The best part is watching all the cars bumper to bumper while I breeze by on the light rail train. I can work on my book (see the Rachel's Story link) which is something that's impossible while driving.

I'm more interested in promoting transit then dabbling into politics for the most part, but sometimes, I have to say something.

3 comments:

Avenging Archangel said...

Kid, you're inevitably going to get dragged into the politics of it. That's why I was trying to start to educate you on the bus to Hampton.

I'll teach you the Jedi arts, and you'll easily defeat those from The Looney Side (like Reid).

Anonymous said...

So, Henry is brainwashing you. Why don't you all get cars? No one rides the bus.

Michael Ragsdale said...

Yeah, a VBTA Troll. Has to be. Ignore. Continue to speak highly of transit.