www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

From the Link : An update on my fare changes stance

I was able to read The Link, HRT's employee newsletter, today and was able to read up on proposed fare changes. I was also able to chat with a driver and discuss what HRT's up to. With that in mind, this is what I'd do:

* Local Circulars (The NET, The Loop, VB WAVE Route 30, Jump over Jeff if it was brought back, Naval Station Shuttle): $0.50 / $0.25
* Local Bus (includes VB Wave Routes 31 and 32 since they are longer than a Local Circular): $1.50 / $0.75
* Express Bus, The Tide, Elizabeth River Ferry: $2.00 / $1.00
* Day Pass (Good for all services): $3.50 / $1.75

The fares are Regular / Youth-Senior-Disabled

DO NOT eliminate the 10-Ride cards. The transfers can kick the bucket (buy an All-Day Pass). Passes can be sold in incremental prices to reflect what service you want. For example, a 30-Day pass:

A $20 pass would let you on the Local Circulars only
A $30 pass would let you on the Local Circulars and Local Buses
A $50 pass would let you on ALL services
These prices are examples and aren't set in stone. If, for example, you have a Local Bus pass, you may insert it into an Express Bus farebox, then insert an extra $0.50 to cover the fare difference.

See Sound Transit's Pass Policy for more on covering the fare difference. Scroll down to "How to use PugetPass On ST Express Bus". This could also be the policy for Day Pass holders.

No comments: