www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Friday, March 7, 2008

Pembroke Detour Updated

The detour for all buses in Pembroke has changed and this will shave several minutes for all routes.

* All routes, All directions: FIRST RIGHT to Corporation so you're across the street from bus shelters. LEFT onto Constitution. CONTINUE on Regular Route. Basically, you're doing the Pembroke Loop backwards. BE ON THE ALERT for passengers who will stay in the shelters until the bus approaches.

2 comments:

Avenging Archangel said...

It made for a scene this afternoon. I was on the 20 Outbound due in at 1:15. (Okay, it was actually about 1:21 when we got there.)

With people waiting at Pembroke East to go to the Oceanfront, they started crossing from the shelters - in front of the oncoming bus. That brought the bus to a crawl up Corporation Lane. In the meantime, passengers on the bus headed towards the doors.

I'd never seen anything like it on HRT.

Michael Ragsdale said...

Of course, that's what they do. That's why I wrote "BE ON THE ALERT for passengers who will stay in the shelters until the bus approaches" because I know they'll do that. For example, when I was out west, Pierce Transit buses had a detour at Tacoma Mall for a few months. As a Route 57 bus was pulling in, a passenger screamed "Wait" as if the bus was leaving.