www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Sunday, March 9, 2008

HRT Fare Changes: My Opinion

HRT is going to hold a public hearing at the end of the month to for a minor (well, compared to what I would want to have seen) change. Here's what I'd like to happen:
(keep in mind that the fares below are just examples)

* Local Circulars (The NET, The LOOP, and VB Wave for example): $1.00
* Regular Bus Fare: $1.50 (including The Tide and the Ferry)
* MAX Express Bus: $3.00

Here's an example:
Suppose I board the 36 at TCC wanting to goto Downtown Norfolk. Since I know I'm going to be transferring to the MAX at Pembroke or Silverleaf (exact stop TBD), insert $1.50 into the farebox and get a transfer. When I arriver at Pembroke (I'll use Pembroke in this example), transfer to the Downtown MAX. When I insert my transfer into the farebox, I'll owe $1.50. I can insert that $1.50 and ask for a transfer which will be encoded to show I paid the $3 fare.

Sources:

* Sound Transit Transfer Policy
* Sound Transit Monthly Pass
* TriMet Transfer Policy
* TriMet TV: If the Fare Machine is Broke (Light Rail ticket vending machine)

No comments: