www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Monday, March 17, 2008

Meyera Oberndorf

Seems Oberndorf supports transit. Hmm...I really do wish because buses would run at night and on Sunday if she was really pro-transit. Why is Va Beach not wanting to increase funding to HRT to $5 million a year (to keep the status quo) + some extra to have night/Sunday service? I really wish I didn't have to have a post like this.

2 comments:

Avenging Archangel said...

You get stuck making a common mistake: thinking it's all about the Mayor. In Virginia Beach, the most powerful person in city government is the City Manager.

Some of Jim Spore's friends and senior Staff want light rail. In order to get us in the FTA queue, we need to boost bus service 20%. Given who wants it, I like our chances. If not this year, in 2009.

Michael Ragsdale said...

I like this; looking forward to the 36 running until say 10 or 11 pm as well as on Sundays. Thanks for clarifying, though if VB really was interested in transit, (and I pose this to everyone on council including Spore and Oberndorf) why do buses kill off around 7 or so