www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Monday, March 17, 2008

Trolley Base's Crybaby Supervisor

Someone explain this. When you're hungry, you gotta eat. A Trolley Base driver (not naming names) recently got 10 points taken away because she made a pit stop at the Holiday Inn to get something from the vending machine. In this case, it was a small bag of chips (the size that comes with your sub at Subway). The supervisor had the nerve to call it "a bag of goodies!"

My feeling is that if you're hungry, you're hungry. Just don't make a mess about things. Yes, I'm guilty of eating on the bus plenty of times. I know plenty of operators who do it as well (I will not mention your names). BTW: Yes, I still call it Trolley Base because so does everyone else (even though, officially, it's supposed to be "Virginia Beach Base").

4 comments:

Avenging Archangel said...

"at the Holiday Inn"? Route 25?

If that's the case, the 25 is normally there early. The driver would have time to run for a bag of chips. Actually, there it's about half the distance of taking a 10-39.

Michael Ragsdale said...

Yep. Route 25. She got yelled at (by her supervisor) for getting that bag; that's what I'm griping about.

Avenging Archangel said...

Something came to me: did she radio the dispatcher that she was leaving the bus?

It may not be the chips, but a failure to check out.

Michael Ragsdale said...

It was the bag of chips. She did "2501 to Dispatch. 10-39 Holiday Inn. Will secure my vehicle and give a 10-8." I spoke to her this morning and double checked. She came back with a bag of chips and someone must have called her in.