www.flickr.com
raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset raggiesoft's Hampton Roads Transit photoset

Welcome to my Archived posts. Since Google won't let me export this to WordPress, you have my old posts. If you're looking for my current HRT blog, it's now official, I've moved to my new home. Please update your bookmarks: Blog site (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/) and RSS Feed (http://blog.raggiesoft.com/?feed=rss2)

Sunday, March 9, 2008

HRT Rumor Mill

Rumor has it that Route 17 (The NET) is going to start costing $0.50. Along with The Loop in Portsmouth, it better accept my standard 30-Day Pass as well as all HRT bus fare media. Ditto should happen to the Wave (Routes 30, 31, and 32). I don't mind these buses having fare, but they should accept HRT farecards. Anyone out there who will confirm/dispell/deny these rumors?

5 comments:

Avenging Archangel said...

The VBWave hasn't been taking regular HRT farecards. In my wallet I carry a $1 Locals Only trolley pass (good for one day on the VBWave) in case I need to use it.

At the beginning of the Summer season, I stock up on a few. (Once again, kept in my wallet.) They can be bought at the Visitors Information Center (at the foot of I-264) or the city parking lot kiosks in the Resort Area.

The connectivity question was supposed to be answered in the Fare Study - and wasn't. HRT dropped the ball, and the issue will only get worse when light rail comes online.

Michael Ragsdale said...

I know the Wave hasn't taken standard cards. Perhaps we should adopt something like the Puget Pass. For example, if you have a Puget Pass worth $1.50: If the bus costs $1.50, great. Show the pass to the driver. If the bus costs $1.00, great. Show the pass to the driver. If the bus costs $2.00, great. Show the pass to the driver and insert $0.50 into the farebox and ask for a transfer. This transfer would be punched to show you paid the upgraded fare.

Michael Ragsdale said...

In addition, I tried to buy a Local Pass at 19th & Pacific. Even though there was a Local Pass sticker on the attendant's booth, they had no clue what I was saying. I assume it's $0.50 with my Half-Fare ID (since you say they cost $1.00)?

Michael Ragsdale said...

(this was over this past summer when the trolleys were running)

Avenging Archangel said...

No, it's $1 for everyone. You're supposed to show local ID, but they tend to be slack at the VIC checking it.

You probably caught a bad attendant. I had the same problem at 25th Street once. She had no idea what I was talking about, so I pulled out a used one and showed her. She had them, but had no idea what they were. I filled her in.